There have not been any big surprises, but in some key areas, our understanding of the needs and challenges have been strengthened/confirmed in Georgia as well:
- To secure sustainability there are three key factors:
- Independent iHUBs based on local Private Public Partnerships;
- No free services, partly payment on all services from day one;
- Building local management capacity from day one.
- Great need of entrepreneurial services in smaller cities to reduce local “brain drain”.
- Great need of international oriented entrepreneurial services in larger cities to avoid “brain drain” out of Georgia.
- In general a great need of more market-oriented entrepreneurial mind-set and student trainings in universities.
- A potential for increased business cooperation between Norway and Georgia by offering “soft-landing” services (guest office and basic services) in iHUB. This also applies for the companies from the region, like Armenia and Azerbaijan.